Minutes from Writer’s Guild July meeting
July 14, 2015 – 6 pm- Arts Center
Attendees: Phillip Carango, Gwen Murtha, Jorge Castillo, Charlotte Ehney, Amaryllis Turman, Connie Edwards
Jorge read his latest piece “Musings about the confederate flag”
Charlotte shared a poem “Sparks Fly” reflecting on justice and its impact.
Connie said that she is dealing with Writer’s Block and the group discussed ways to overcome it.
Some of the suggestions were
- Write down your motivation for writing
- Use a character notebook to describe each character’s background. Have as much setting information as possible
- Record questions about present work in a journal
- Decide in the work should be a short story instead of full length novel
- Read a novel from the same genre